Information for ASBOG Tests
ASBOG Study Questions Information:
Our comprehensive ASBOG test study guide is written by our ASBOG test experts. These are well researched questions with answers resulting in over 98% of our students passing the FG and the PG exam on the first try. With over 1200 similar questions for practice, the official exam will be familiar resulting in first attempt passing!
Tests cover the following areas:
- Engineering Geology
- Aquifer Tests
- Sampling and Analysis Plans
- Remote sensing
- Oil Drilling
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Subsurface Investigation
- Contamination Assessment
- Groundwater Fundamentals
- Field Methods/Geophysics/Modeling
- Radiometric Methods
- Rule of V's
- Field Investigations
- Standard Penetration Test (SPT)
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Snell's Law
- Spontaneous Potential (SP)
- Gamma Radiation
- Side-Looking Airborne Radar (SLAR)
- Hydrogeology/Environmental Geochemistry
- Porosity and Permeability
- Containment of Water in Underground Structures
- Hydrogeological Investigation
- Hydrologic Budget Equation
- Ground-water Inventory Equation
- Bernoulli Equation
- Values of Specific Yield
- Storativity or Storage coefficient
- Bailer Test
- The Theis Equation and Method
- Dupuit Equation
This is just a summary list and not comprehensive. Sign up!! View and Practice the entire ASBOG exam.
4. In the block diagram below
a. the strike of the bed is E&endash;W and the dip is N
b. the strike of the bed is E&endash;W and the dip is S
c. the strike of the bed is N&endash;S and the dip is E
d. the strike of the bed is N&endash;S and the dip is W
e. the strike of the bed is N and the dip is S
3. The fact that groundwater in some parts of Florida system is supersaturated with respect to the
mineral calcite can be explained as the result of
a) cation exchange reactions
b) a common ion effect
c) seawater intrusion
d) fast dissolution of calcite coupled to slow precipitation of dolomite
e) disequilibrium among redox reactions 2
70. Tree ring records of dead wood can be correlated with one another by:
a) radiocarbon dating
b) comparing ring width patterns
c) comparing the number of rings
d) directly comparing ring widths
e) radioactive dating
71. To determine temperature changes in the deep oceans basins _________ foraminifera are
b) ice loving
73. Restrained uplift is:
a) that part of the curve where isostatic uplift occurs while ice still covers a region
b) uplift that occurs after ice retreats from a region
c) uplift that occurred in the past
d) is always smaller than post-glacial uplift
e) uplift that will occur in the future
89. Chlorine-36 is produced in terrestrial surface rocks by:
a. spallation of calcium atoms
b. spallation of potassium atoms
c. adding a neutron to chlorine-35
d. all of the above are correct
e. only a and b are correct
91. What percentage of a glacier's total area comprises its accumulation zone?
11. Stromatolites were important to the evolution of the Earth's atmosphere because they produce
significant quantities of _______________ through photosynthetic processes.
a. carbon dioxide
e. water vapor
11. The A horizon of a soil _______________.
a. is the zone of removal
b. tends to be darker in color than the underlying horizons
c. contains humus (decomposed organic matter).
d. all of the above are correct
e. none of the above are correct
38. In order to relieve stress buildup that would cause a Richter magnitude 7 earthquake,
approximately how many magnitude 4 earthquakes would have to occur?
10. Geologists in the year 2495 examine sediments that were deposited by the Des Moines River
in 1993 and conclude that a great flood must have occurred. What evidence is most likely to have
led to this conclusion?
b. graded bedding
c. chert nodules
d. mud cracks
e. current ripple marks
42. In addition to the major water table in an area, there may also be a second water table, closer
to the Earth's surface. This second water table is called
a. a perched water table
b. an aquiclude water table
c. a potentiometric surface
d. an imaginary water table
e. a capillary fringe
79. The large fold on the lower left side of the cross section is: A) syncline B) anticline C)
overturned syncline D) monocline E) doline
9. To be an economic ore which element has to be least concentrated relative to its average crustal
A) aluminum B) gold C) copper D) silver E) uranium
11. A petroleum reservoir needs to have what property?
A) low density B) schistosity C) Newton’s Law D) Stoke's Law E) porosity
12. Which is the highest grade of coal (BTU content)?
A) lignite B) bituminous C) gold D) anthracite E) both A and C
70. Which of the following rock materials would make a good aquifer?
A) gneiss B) massive granite C) impervious limestone D) shale E) coarse-grained sandstone
35. Limestone may have a high or low permeability depending on
A. its exact chemical composition.
B. how much dissolution has occurred in it.
C. how small or large the grains in it are.
D. how much water is below the water table in it.